Helping Victims of Truck Accidents in and Around Philadelphia
Truck accident cases can be significantly more complicated than that of the average car accident. When it comes to these types of accidents, the person injured may not know who is liable for their injuries and damages, let alone how to begin the process of seeking compensation.
Depending on a variety of factors, liability can fall on the truck driver, employer, or even owner of the truck. In the event of a crash, it is common for these parties to deny any liability, regardless of whatever agreement has been set in place. Due to these potential obstacles, it pays to have a qualified lawyer at the beginning of the claim process. Following a truck accident, the trucking company along with their insurance company will begin an investigation. The goal of these companies is to show that an accident is the fault of the other motorist in order to pay as little as possible.
Our team of Philadelphia truck accident lawyers at DiTomaso Law have experience handling these situations. We understand how intimidating insurance companies can be and know the procedures companies use in truck accident claims to deny any liability or fault. We work with experts to handle claims and work with state authorities as they launch their own investigation on the crash.
A good truck accident lawyer can be expected to help an injured truck accident victim by:
- Reviewing any footage or photographs that are available
- Interviewing those who witnessed the accident
- Reviewing police reports, including the accident report
- Recovering and analyze medical records, and seeking professional opinions on the medical records
- Interviewing the medical staff that saw the victims
- Speaking with experts to both recreate the scene and the accident itself
To build the best case, there are some aspects that deserve special attention and investigation. Victims who hire a lawyer can expect their attorney to investigate:
- The driving history of the trucker and commercial vehicle
- Driving logs and records
- The driver of the truck including any distracted or drowsy driving behaviors
- Who had custody of the vehicle at the time
- Past violations of truck laws, both federally and at the state level
- Criminal convictions of any relevant parties
- Manufacturing or vehicle defects
- What level of control the company has over the drivers of the trucks
A victim can pursue the driver of the truck in a negligence claim, regardless of who had liability for the truck. To prove negligence, it must be established that the truck driver had a duty of care to others on the road that they breached with their actions. Some actions to prove this include:
- Lack of necessary experience
- Overloading a truck
- Not obeying the traffic laws
- Not obeying size limitations on designated roads
- Failure to adhere to blind spots
- Driving for too long without a break
- Ignoring federal regulations, including hours of service, rules that truckers must adhere to.
Philadelphia Truck Accident Lawyers at DiTomaso Law Advocate on Behalf of Those Injured by Truck Driver Negligence
At DiTomaso Law, our team of Philadelphia truck accident lawyers have the tools and the resources to prove that a truck driver has breached their duty of care to others on the road. Contact us online or call 215-426-4493 today to find out how we can put our experience to work for you.