New Jersey Rideshare Accident Lawyers
Rideshare Vehicle Injury Attorneys in Cherry Hill, NJ Pursue Financial Recovery for Injured Crash Victims in Camden County, Gloucester County, Burlington County, and Throughout NJ
While rideshare services have become an increasingly popular form of transportation, the fact remains that rideshare drivers have no special training or experience beyond most other drivers. Combined with the long hours that rideshare drivers work and the numerous distractions they deal with behind the wheel, rideshare vehicles pose a unique risk to everyone on the road. If you have been hit by a rideshare vehicle, let the New Jersey rideshare accident lawyers at DiTomaso Law fight to get you the financial recovery you deserve. For over 25 years, our legal team has advocated for the interests of accident victims. We have the experience needed to help you stand up to insurance companies to demand compensation, with some of our attorneys having prior experience working in insurance defense and obtaining unique insights that we now use to build effective claims on behalf of our clients.
Injured in an Auto Accident and Have Questions? We Can Help. Tell us What Happened.
Reach out to DiTomaso Law for a free initial claim evaluation to discuss your options for compensation with our rideshare vehicle injury attorneys in Cherry Hill, NJ. After you have been injured in a rideshare accident, let us advocate on your behalf to demand accountability and justice from those liable for the harm and losses you have suffered.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
Some of the most frequent causes of rideshare accidents in New Jersey include:
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Distracted driving, including using a cell phone while driving
- Reckless driving
- Drowsy/fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence
- Disregarding traffic controls
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Not using signals
- Failing to check mirrors
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle defects
Rich DiTomaso was an excellent attorney. He was knowledgeable, thorough, and settled our case with a great result. We would highly recommend using this attorney.
Five stars absolutely deserved here. They handled every detail, from insurance companies to doctors and bills. I highly recommend Richard and his colleges.
Richard Ditomaso is an expert in his field. He goes above and beyond for his clients. If you’re looking for a great lawyer, give this one a chance; you won’t regret it. A+++
Rideshare Insurance Requirements in New Jersey
New Jersey law requires rideshare companies to carry insurance coverage covering their drivers. The amount of insurance coverage varies depending on the circumstances of the accident. Minimum required policy limits include:
- If the driver is logged onto the rideshare application and is awaiting a ride request: $50,000 per person, $100,000 per accident of bodily injury liability coverage, $25,000 of property damage liability coverage, and PIP and UM/UIM as required by state law
- If the driver has received a ride request and is driving to pick up a passenger, or has a passenger in the vehicle: $1.5 million of combined bodily injury/property damage liability coverage, plus primary medical payments benefits of $10,000, and $1.5 million of uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
Compensation Available After a Rideshare Accident
After you have been injured in a rideshare accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation for losses that you suffered in the accident such as:
- Repair bills if you were driving your own vehicle in the accident, or the cash value of your vehicle if it was totaled in the accident
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses to treat injuries you sustained in the accident
- Long-term care expenses you incur if you suffer permanent disabilities from your injuries
- Lost income if you cannot work or suffer a reduction in your earning capacity due to injuries or disabilities
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life
Drunk Driving Accident
Dangerous Machine Accident
New Jersey Rideshare Accident Lawyers Discuss What Steps You Should Take If You Were Involved in a Rideshare Accident?
Steps you need to take following a rideshare accident to protect your rights to recover compensation include:
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene and exchange information with the rideshare driver and any other drivers involved in the accident
- Notify the rideshare company about the accident
- Seek prompt medical attention to diagnose injuries you suffered in the crash
- Follow your healthcare provider’s treatment instructions and recommendations
- Keep copies of any bills or invoices of expenses you incur due to the accident, and gather your pay stubs or income statements if you miss work
- Avoid discussing the accident on social media or posting photos or videos of yourself while undergoing treatment and rehabilitation of your injuries
How Will the New Jersey Rideshare Accident Lawyers of DiTomaso Law Help You Hold Negligent Parties Accountable for Your Injuries?
At DiTomaso Law, our New Jersey rideshare accident lawyers in Cherry Hill, work tirelessly to ensure our clients receive full compensation for their expenses and losses. Let us handle all the details of planning and pursuing your case, including:
- Investigating the accident to recover important evidence for your case, such as police accident reports, accident scene photos, and eyewitness statements
- Working with accident reconstruction experts to build a strong, persuasive case for you
- Documenting your injuries and losses to calculate the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries
- Evaluating your legal options for financial recovery, including applicable insurance coverage
- Filing your claims and vigorously pursuing maximum compensation for you in a settlement or by taking your claims to trial
Contact Our Firm for a Free Case Review to Speak with Our Rideshare Vehicle Injury Attorneys in Cherry Hill, NJ, About Your Rights
Contact DiTomaso Law today for a free, no-obligation consultation with our New Jersey rideshare accident lawyers to learn more about how we can assist you through the claims process to recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
New Jersey Rideshare Accident Lawyers Answer Frequently Asked Questions about Rideshare Accidents in New Jersey
If you were involved in a collision with a rideshare vehicle and you were partly at fault for the accident, you may still be entitled to pursue a compensation claim. Under New Jersey’s comparative negligence rule, you can still file a rideshare accident claim if your share of fault for the accident is equal to or less than the rideshare driver’s share of fault.
If you were riding in a rideshare vehicle that was struck by another careless driver, you can pursue compensation from that driver and their insurance. However, if the at-fault driver’s insurance coverage isn’t enough to fully compensate you, you may be entitled to file an underinsured motorist claim with the rideshare company’s insurance policy.
Get A 100% Free Case Evaluation
From A Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney
Call: 856-219-4970 or Chat Live Now
Drunk Driving Accident
Defective Machinery Accident
“5 stars absolutely deserved here. If the need arises for legal representation again this is the only firm I will use. They handled every detail from insurance companies, doctors, and bills. I highly recommend Richard and his colleges and have to my friends and family.”