New Jersey Forceps Injury Lawyers
Forceps Injury Law Firm in Cherry Hill, NJ Demand Accountability and Justice for Children Injured by Negligent Forceps Use in Camden County, Gloucester County, Burlington County, and Throughout NJ
When delivery of a child becomes difficult, doctors and midwives may rely on tools such as forceps to assist with delivery. If used properly, forceps can help safely deliver a child. However, improper use of forceps can easily cause serious injury to a delicate newborn, potentially leading to long-term medical recovery or permanent impairment for the child. If your child suffered injury due to a healthcare professional’s negligent use of forceps during a delivery, your family may be entitled to recover compensation for your child’s medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, and lost quality of life. Turn to the New Jersey forceps injury lawyers of DiTomaso Law to help you fight for justice for your child.
For over 25 years, the attorneys of DiTomaso Law have worked to obtain justice and financial recovery for people who have been injured due to the negligence or recklessness of others. Our legal team has over 80 years of combined experience and a proven track record of results, having secured millions in compensation for clients over the years. We have the skills and resources to take on even the toughest injury cases and fight for our clients’ rights all the way through trial if necessary. Our founding attorney, Richard DiTomaso, is a Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court, reflecting his expertise in advocating on behalf of clients in court and at trial.
Don’t wait one more day to reach out to the forceps injury law firm in Cherry Hill, NJ, of DiTomaso Law for a free initial case evaluation. Let us help you better understand your family’s legal options for pursuing financial compensation and accountability from a negligent healthcare provider’s improper use of forceps during your child’s delivery.
Were You or a Loved One Injured By Medical Negligence and Now You Have Questions? We Can Help. Tell us What Happened.
Injuries Caused by Improper Forceps Use
Some of the injuries that can be caused by negligent use of forceps include:
- Permanent disfigurement
- Facial nerve damage and paralysis
- Eye injuries
- Brain hemorrhage
- Cephalohematoma and caput succedaneum, potentially leading to complications such as jaundice
- Traumatic brain injury
- Hypoxic/anoxic brain injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Skull fractures
In addition to injuries to babies, improper forceps use can also cause injuries to the mother, including severe lacerations or perforation of the birth canal, sexual dysfunction, impairment of bladder or bowel control, pelvic organ prolapse, or infections.
Rich DiTomaso was an excellent attorney. He was knowledgeable, thorough, and settled our case with a great result. We would highly recommend using this attorney.
Five stars absolutely deserved here. They handled every detail, from insurance companies to doctors and bills. I highly recommend Richard and his colleges.
Richard Ditomaso is an expert in his field. He goes above and beyond for his clients. If you’re looking for a great lawyer, give this one a chance; you won’t regret it. A+++
Our New Jersey Forceps Injury Lawyers Common Causes of Forceps Injuries
Causes of negligent forceps injuries include:
- Premature or unnecessary use of forceps to assist with delivery
- Using excessive or improper force with forceps
- Improper placement of forceps on a baby’s head
- Using forceps when contraindicated by risk factors
- Continuing to use forceps after an initial unsuccessful attempt – failure of the initial attempt to facilitate delivery should lead to use of alternative methods such as Cesarean section
Compensation Available for a Forceps Injury
If your child has suffered a forceps injury, your family may be entitled to recover compensation for expenses and losses that you and your infant have incurred, including for:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation for injuries and physical impairment caused by a forceps injury
- Costs of long-term care and support services, including home health services, special education services, or institutional care
- Lost future earning potential due to severe permanent disabilities
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment and quality of life due to disabilities interfering with ability to participate in activities, visible scarring or disfigurement causing embarrassment or humiliation, or reduced life expectancy
Drunk Driving Accident
Dangerous Machine Accident
Turn to the New Jersey Forceps Injury Lawyers of DiTomaso Law for the Help You Need to Pursue Financial Recovery for Your Child
After your baby was harmed because of negligent use of forceps during delivery, our forceps injury law firm in Cherry Hill, NJ, will demand accountability from your medical provider by:
- Investigating the circumstances of your child’s forceps injury to recover evidence and identify who may be held liable to your family
- Calculating your child’s and family’s losses and expenses to ensure we pursue the maximum compensation you need
- Sitting down with you and your family to go over your legal options for financial recovery and ensure you know what to expect during the process of pursuing financial recovery
- Filing your family’s claims and aggressively pursuing a fair and full settlement for your family
- Taking your case to court and trial if necessary to demand the accountability and justice you want for your child’s injury
Find Out What Your Case Is Worth. Fill Out Our Online Contact Form or Call us Today at 856-414-0010
Contact Our Forceps Injury Law Firm in Cherry Hill, NJ, for a Free Claim Review to Discuss Your Family’s Legal Options
Contact DiTomaso Law today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about how our New Jersey forceps injury lawyers will fight to recover the financial compensation and justice that your child and your family deserve.
New Jersey Forceps Injury Lawyers Answer Frequently Asked Questions about Forceps Injury in New Jersey
New Jersey’s statute of limitations on child birth injuries requires you to file suit for your child’s injury by their 13th birthday. If your child passed away due to a birth injury caused by negligent forceps use, your family has two years from your child’s passing to file a wrongful death claim. Ensuring that your family’s claims are timely filed under the statute of limitations makes it critical to reach out to the forceps injury law firm in Cherry Hill, NJ, of DiTomaso Law as soon as possible.
If your child is injured due to your obstetrician’s negligently using forceps, you may not be able to sue the hospital if the obstetrician works at the hospital as an independent contractor rather than an employee of the hospital. However, depending on the facts of your case, you may have a claim of negligent credentialing or negligent supervision against the hospital if the obstetrician had a substantial risk of causing a forceps injury.
Get A 100% Free Case Evaluation
From A Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney
Call: 856-414-0010 or Chat Live Now
Drunk Driving Accident
Defective Machinery Accident
“5 stars absolutely deserved here. If the need arises for legal representation again this is the only firm I will use. They handled every detail from insurance companies, doctors, and bills. I highly recommend Richard and his colleges and have to my friends and family.”