New Jersey Umbilical Cord Injury Lawyers
Umbilical Cord Injury Attorneys in Cherry Hill, NJ Seek Justice and Accountability for Umbilical Cord Injuries Caused by Negligence in Camden County, Gloucester County, Burlington County, and Throughout NJ
Did your child suffer an umbilical cord injury during pregnancy or delivery? Damage to the umbilical cord can have serious consequences for a newborn, as umbilical cord injuries can cut off blood flow from a mother to her baby. If not promptly treated, an umbilical cord injury can cause a newborn to suffer serious and potentially permanent complications and disabilities. If your child requires significant medical care, rehabilitation, and support services after suffering an umbilical cord injury, turn to the New Jersey umbilical cord injury lawyers of DiTomaso Law for the legal representation you need to demand accountability from medical providers whose negligence harmed your child.
For more than 25 years, our firm has advocated for the rights and interests of injured victims across New Jersey and the Delaware Valley. We have seen the traumatic effects that serious injuries can have on people’s lives. That’s why we aggressively fight to recover maximum compensation for our clients and to hold those at fault for their injuries accountable for their negligent conduct. Our legal team has a proven record of achieving success for our clients, having recovered millions of dollars over the years in settlements and verdicts, including in some of the toughest cases that other attorneys turned away.
Contact our dedicated team of New Jersey umbilical cord injury lawyers at DiTomaso Law today for a free initial claim evaluation about your family’s legal options for pursuing a claim for compensation and justice for the harm and loss your child has suffered.
Were You or a Loved One Injured By Medical Negligence and Now You Have Questions? We Can Help. Tell us What Happened.
Complications Caused by Umbilical Cord Injury
Examples of medical complications that can be caused by an umbilical cord injury include:
- Nuchal cord, or wrapping of the umbilical cord around a baby’s neck
- Umbilical cord prolapse, where the cord precedes the baby through the birth canal
- Vasa previa, or a condition in which the umbilical cord is caught in the cervix
- Hypoxic/anoxic brain injury, caused by a lack of sufficient blood/oxygen flow to the brain, causing conditions such as cerebral palsy
- Respiratory acidosis, an emergency medical condition in which the lungs cannot efficiently remove carbon dioxide from the bloodstream
- Life-threatening infant hemorrhage
- Abnormal fetal heart rate
- Premature labor
- Kidney, heart, liver, or gastrointestinal tract failure
- Neonatal death
Rich DiTomaso was an excellent attorney. He was knowledgeable, thorough, and settled our case with a great result. We would highly recommend using this attorney.
Five stars absolutely deserved here. They handled every detail, from insurance companies to doctors and bills. I highly recommend Richard and his colleges.
Richard Ditomaso is an expert in his field. He goes above and beyond for his clients. If you’re looking for a great lawyer, give this one a chance; you won’t regret it. A+++
Common Causes of Umbilical Cord Injury
Common causes of umbilical cord injuries include:
- Failure to diagnose complications during pregnancy, such as large fetal size, trapping of the umbilical cord in the cervix, or placental abruption
- Failure to identify abnormal fetal presentation during delivery, such as breech birth or wrapping of the umbilical cord around the fetus
- Failure to react to signs of fetal distress, such as increased heart rate or dystocia, and perform interventions like Cesarean section
- Erroneous incision of the umbilical cord during Cesarean section
Drunk Driving Accident
Dangerous Machine Accident
Financial Compensation Available for Umbilical Cord Injuries Caused by Medical Malpractice
If your child suffered medical harm due to an umbilical cord injury, your family may be entitled to financial recovery for losses that you and your child have incurred, including for:
- Costs of medical recovery from the injury, such as hospital care, surgery, or physical/occupational therapy
- Costs of long-term care, including home health services or special education services
- Lost future earning capacity if your child suffers permanent, significant physical or cognitive disability
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life due to disabilities, visible scarring/disfigurement, or reduced life expectancy
Let the Lawyers of DiTomaso Law Fight for Your Family’s Interests
An umbilical cord injury can upend your family’s life. Turn to our umbilical cord injury attorneys in Cherry Hill, NJ, for help with the details of preparing and pursuing your family’s legal claim, including:
- Investigating the circumstances of your child’s injury to determine who should be held liable
- Calculating your child’s and family’s expenses and losses to determine what compensation you may be entitled to
- Identifying applicable insurance coverage you can seek financial recovery from
- Working with leading medical experts to build an effective, persuasive case for your family
- Vigorously pursuing maximum financial recovery for you and your family through a negotiated settlement, or by taking your case to court and trial to demand justice for the harm your child has suffered
Find Out What Your Case Is Worth. Fill Out Our Online Contact Form or Call us Today at 856-414-0010
Contact DiTomaso Law for a Free Case Review with Our Umbilical Cord Injury Attorneys in Cherry Hill, NJ, to Discuss Your Legal Options for Financial Recovery
Don’t wait to get the legal help you need to demand compensation and justice for your child’s umbilical cord injury. Reach out to DiTomaso Law today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about how our New Jersey umbilical cord injury lawyers can help guide your family through the claims process.
Frequently Asked Questions about Umbilical Cord Injury in New Jersey
Depending on the facts of your case, you may have a viable claim against the hospital for your child’s umbilical cord injury. If the injury was caused by your obstetrician’s negligence, you may have a claim against the hospital if the doctor was employed by the hospital rather than working as an independent contractor, or if the hospital negligently credentialed the doctor if they posed a substantial risk of negligence. You may also have a claim against the hospital if your child’s umbilical cord injury was caused by another healthcare professional’s negligence, such as a nurse or physician’s assistant.
If your child was harmed by an umbilical cord injury, your family must file a lawsuit by your child’s 13th birthday, pursuant to New Jersey’s statute of limitations. If your child passed away due to an umbilical cord injury, your family must file a wrongful death lawsuit no later than two years after your child’s passing or two years from the date that your family discovers that your child’s death was caused by an umbilical cord injury.
Get A 100% Free Case Evaluation
From A Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney
Call: 856-414-0010 or Chat Live Now
Drunk Driving Accident
Defective Machinery Accident
“5 stars absolutely deserved here. If the need arises for legal representation again this is the only firm I will use. They handled every detail from insurance companies, doctors, and bills. I highly recommend Richard and his colleges and have to my friends and family.”