Top-Rated Injury Lawyers

New Jersey: 856-414-0010Philadelphia: 215-426-4493

Contact Us 24/7

phone icon
Firm Logo

I Fell at a Friend’s House, What Should I Do?

October 17, 2022

I Fell at a Friend’s House, What Should I Do?

Falling can happen because of dangerous accumulation of ice and snow on a sidewalk, walkway, or parking lot. A fall can also be caused by an uneven sidewalk, pothole, or uneven flooring inside a store. A slip and fall accident can happen anywhere, including a friend’s house. Even though it is your friend, you may still be seriously injured and may need to seek compensation.

A slip and fall accident can cause significant injuries that require multiple surgeries for treatment. After each surgery, there is the recovery time and potentially months of physical therapy. All of this could add up to a huge pile of medical bills that you have no way of paying, even if you have health insurance that will cover a portion of the costs.

The other issue you may face after suffering a serious slip and fall injury is the fact that you may be unable to work. If the injury is bad enough that you cannot do your job, then you will have no money coming in to pay your bills.

One way to get honest answers to your questions is to contact an experienced slip and fall lawyer. Trip and fall cases can be very complicated.

Will Your Slip and Fall Claim Harm Your Friend in Some Way?

Every property owner, whether it is a commercial property like a grocery store or someone’s personal home, is responsible to make sure their premises is safe. This means they have to make sure there are no dangerous conditions on the property that could harm someone.

Property owners are required to do periodic inspections of their stores, buildings, homes, and land to discover any dangerous conditions. If any are found, then those conditions have to be fixed in a reasonable amount of time. If a dangerous condition is not fixed and the condition causes someone to be injured, the property owner, and their insurance company, may be held responsible for those injuries.

Many people do not want to bring a claim against their friends or relatives because they do not want to harm them. People who are injured at a friend’s house will think that the money they are seeking for compensation will come out of their friend’s pocket. They think their friend will be harmed by a lawsuit or in some other way, however, this is not necessarily the case.

When you are hurt at your friend’s house, you will likely be making a claim against their homeowners insurance policy. It is not your friend who will have to pay any money on the claim, but their property insurance company; they may have a higher monthly premium as a result.

It is also important to speak to a lawyer after a trip and fall. They will be able to determine your legal options.

Camden Slip and Fall Lawyers at DiTomaso Law Can Help You if You Have Been Injured in a Trip and Fall

If you have been seriously injured at a friend’s house or at a commercial business due to a dangerous condition on the property, contact one of our skilled Camden slip and fall lawyers at DiTomaso Law. Call us at 856-414-0010 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Located in Philadelphia and Cherry Hill, New Jersey, we serve clients throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania and South Jersey, including Mt. Holly, Camden County, and Vineland.

Firm Logo Alternate

Get A 100% Free Case Evaluation

From A Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney

Call: 856-414-0010 or Chat Live Now


Tractor-Trailer Accident


Drunk Driving Accident


Defective Machinery Accident

View All Case Results

“5 stars absolutely deserved here. If the need arises for legal representation again this is the only firm I will use. They handled every detail from insurance companies, doctors, and bills. I highly recommend Richard and his colleges and have to my friends and family.”

See All Client Reviews





© 2024 DiTomaso Law. All Rights Reserved.Disclaimer.Site Map.