Memorial Day Weekend Safety Tips
May 20, 2019
Memorial Day is known as the unofficial start of summer. If the weather is nice, there will be more people on the roadways and a greater potential for accidents. The National Safety Council estimates that over 400 people will be fatally injured in car accidents during the holiday weekend. The following tips will help drivers maintain safe driving habits in preparation for Memorial Day weekend.
- Highest risk times: The greatest risk for accidents is Friday afternoon on Memorial Day weekend, since this is the time when most people are leaving work and getting ready to enjoy the weekend As the sun sets, risk increases, since most people will likely be fatigued after work and are preparing to embark on a long car ride.
- Anticipate extra travel time: Drivers’ attitudes heavily contribute to car accidents. If drivers are more aggressive to get to their destination on time, then this can increase the likelihood of an accident.
- Designate a driver: If you anticipate drinking alcohol during celebrations, be sure to designate a sober driver to avoid drunk driving accidents.
- Children belong in the backseat: If you have children under 12 in your car, be sure they are riding in the backseat. Children under eight should be in car seats. Be sure you are prepared if you are transporting children who do not normally ride in your car.
- No distractions: Put away the cell phone if you are driving, and if you are using a GPS, be sure to set it beforehand and understand your route before you leave. If you are riding with more people than usual in your car, be sure to designate another person to tend to their needs during the ride so that the driver is not distracted.
- Take breaks: Avoid drowsy driving by taking breaks during long drives. Taking a moment to stretch outside your car may decrease risks associated with drowsy driving.
Camden Car Accident Lawyers at DiTomaso Law Help Victims Injured in Memorial Day Car Accidents
Despite all your precautions, drivers cannot predict what happens on the roadways. If you were involved in a car accident, the Camden car accident lawyers at DiTomaso Law can help. We will help you understand what may have caused your accident and craft your lawsuit accordingly. With offices in Philadelphia and Cherry Hill, New Jersey, we serve clients throughout southeastern Pennsylvania and South Jersey, including Mt. Holly and Camden County. Call us today at 856-219-4970 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Get A 100% Free Case Evaluation
From A Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney
Call: 856-219-4970 or Chat Live Now
Drunk Driving Accident
Defective Machinery Accident
“5 stars absolutely deserved here. If the need arises for legal representation again this is the only firm I will use. They handled every detail from insurance companies, doctors, and bills. I highly recommend Richard and his colleges and have to my friends and family.”