What To Do After a Lyft or Uber Accident
February 21, 2018
Services such as Lyft and Uber are becoming more popular throughout the country. With more hired cars on the roads, rideshare accidents are inevitable. As a passenger, to ensure your legal rights are protected in the event of a rideshare accident, you should consider the following:
- Seek medical attention: Some of the most debilitating injuries are invisible to the naked eye, while others may take hours or days to present symptoms. It is important to see a doctor right away to determine the extent of your injuries and obtain the necessary treatment.
- Contact law enforcement: Report your Uber or Lyft accident to police immediately. This record and any witness accounts are valuable to any future lawsuit you may pursue.
- Document the accident: If you are physically able, take photographs of the scene and notes about the accident. It is important to record important details you may forget over time.
- Report the accident to the rideshare company: Notify Lyft or Uber of your accident as soon as possible. Ask a company representative to confirm in writing that they received your accident report.
- Consult an experienced car accident attorney: Because rideshare legislation is still a work in progress in many parts of the country, it is best to enlist an attorney. A knowledgeable personal injury lawyer familiar with the laws in your state can recommend the best legal course of action available after your accident.
Rideshare Services and Insurance
Rideshare companies often maintain their own insurance policies in case one of their drivers is involved in an accident. This insurance does not always guarantee that injured passengers will be compensated after an accident. Laws regarding rideshare insurance vary from state to state. For example, in New Jersey, if a hired driver is working, but is not logged in to the rideshare app, his personal insurance policy applies. Drivers who are logged in, but are not traveling to pick up a passenger share liability with their employer. Drivers involved in an accident while carrying passengers usually share coverage for property damage, bodily injury, and fatality with the rideshare company.
Camden County Car Accident Lawyers at DiTomaso Law Fight for Victims of Rideshare Accidents
Camden County car accident lawyers at DiTomaso Law are ready to take on complex Uber and Lyft accident claims. We fight for injured passengers to obtain the compensation they deserve for their medical expenses and pain and suffering. Our team handles every aspect of your case with compassion and professionalism. To schedule a free consultation with a Camden County car accident lawyer, call 856-414-0010 or contact us online today. Our offices are in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to serve clients throughout the surrounding areas.
Get A 100% Free Case Evaluation
From A Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney
Call: 856-414-0010 or Chat Live Now
Drunk Driving Accident
Defective Machinery Accident
“5 stars absolutely deserved here. If the need arises for legal representation again this is the only firm I will use. They handled every detail from insurance companies, doctors, and bills. I highly recommend Richard and his colleges and have to my friends and family.”