Common Slip and Fall Injuries
June 20, 2019
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere and when you least expect it. One moment you could be walking on a sidewalk and the next you may be on the ground and in pain. If you suffer a slip and fall injury, your case may be more common than you think. Some of the most common injuries that occur as a result of a slip and fall accident are:
- Shoulder injuries: A shoulder injury can be particularly painful given the amount of nerves involved. Shoulder injuries can occur when a person falls directly on their shoulder, which usually occurs if they were unable to break their fall with their hands or knees. These injures can involve surgery and physical therapy to rehabilitate the shoulder joint.
- Back and spinal cord injuries: As a result of the impact of a fall, the victim can experience a slipped or herniated disc, which cause pain and limit mobility. More serious spinal injuries can include permanent or temporary paralysis. These injuries are more likely to happen to people who are over 65 years old. These can be among the most expensive injuries. In general, the higher up on the spine where the injury occurred, the more expansive the injury will be.
- Head injuries: All head injuries, including minor ones, should receive immediate medical care to rule out any serious injuries. Traumatic brain injures must be diagnosed and could produce significant and lasting symptoms. Even if the victim feels fine after a fall where the head is hit, they may experience symptoms of a concussion or traumatic brain injury in the days following. Falls cause about 40 percent of all traumatic brain injuries in the United States.
- Hip fractures: Over 95 percent of broken hips are the result of a fall. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one out of five people will die within a year due to a hip fracture injury. Therefore, prevention, especially for older people, is key. Hip fractures usually involve surgery and extensive rehabilitation. Patients with hip injuries may receive an artificial hip if the injury is severe.
- Cuts and abrasions: Often, people will be able to break their falls with their hands, arms, legs, or knees, which result in deep cuts and abrasions. Stitches could be necessary, but these obvious injuries could also be signs of a more serious injury inside the body. Therefore, when receiving medical treatment, always draw attention to any cuts or abrasions you suffered as a result of the fall.
Camden Slip and Fall Lawyers at DiTomaso Law Help Victims Injured in Slip and Fall Accidents
If you or someone you know suffered an accident on another’s property, the Camden slip and fall lawyers at DiTomaso Law can help. We will review your case and obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Located in Philadelphia and Cherry Hill, New Jersey, we proudly serve clients throughout southeastern Pennsylvania and South Jersey, including Cherry Hill, Mt. Holly, and Camden County. Call us today at 856-414-0010 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Get A 100% Free Case Evaluation
From A Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney
Call: 856-414-0010 or Chat Live Now
Drunk Driving Accident
Defective Machinery Accident
“5 stars absolutely deserved here. If the need arises for legal representation again this is the only firm I will use. They handled every detail from insurance companies, doctors, and bills. I highly recommend Richard and his colleges and have to my friends and family.”