Slip and Fall Accident Locations
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, but some places pose a greater risk for accidental injuries. Locations where slip and fall accidents occur include indoor and outdoor areas, and public and private property.
Outdoor Slip and Fall Locations
- Arenas, Stadiums, and Outdoor Theaters – Venues that host events which draw large crowds also create an increased slip and fall risk. Crowded stairs and walkways at these sites can be hazardous, as can defective bleachers and slippery floors.
- Construction Sites – According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), 37% of all construction fatalities are caused by preventable falls.
- Parking Lots – Slip and fall accidents typically happen in parking lots that are poorly lit or not properly maintained. Snow and ice that has not been cleared increase the risk of slip and fall accidents in parking lots. Poor visibility due to inadequate lighting also increases slip and fall risk.
- Parks and Playgrounds – According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 200,000 children are treated in hospital emergency rooms each year for injuries resulting from playground slip and fall accidents.
- Sidewalks – Cracked, buckled, bumpy, and pitted sidewalks present an uneven walking surface that poses a risk for slip and fall accidents. Snow and ice covered sidewalks can be extremely treacherous for pedestrians.
Indoor Slip and Fall Locations
- Escalators – Clothing, shoelaces, jewelry, or other accessories can become caught in an escalator causing a person to fall and sustain injury.
- Nursing Homes – Elderly people often suffer serious injuries or death as a result of slip and fall accident. Adequate facility maintenance and mobility assistance could prevent many nursing home slip and fall accidents.
- Restaurants – Employees or patrons can be injured in a slip and fall accident in a restaurant due to spills, slippery floors, and cluttered walkways.
- Shopping Malls and Stores – Many slip and fall accidents occur because of grocery store spills. Aisles cluttered with inventory also contribute to the potential for accidental injury.
- Stairways – Broken steps, loose treads, and missing or broken handrails can contribute to slip and fall accidents on stairs. Cluttered and poorly lit stairways also create hazards for people on stairways.
Cherry Hill Personal Injury Lawyers at DiTomaso Law Provide Aggressive Representation for Slip and Fall Accidents Victims
The dedicated Cherry Hill personal injury lawyers at DiTomaso Law represent victims of all types of slip and fall accidents. We offer free consultations to evaluate your case and determine the best course of action to obtain compensation for your injuries. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident that was caused by a property owner’s negligence, contact us online or call 856-414-0010 .
Our reputable, experienced South Jersey slip and fall lawyers can help you recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We have won huge settlement awards for victims of slip and fall accidents. Our Center City, Philadelphia office and our Cherry Hill, New Jersey office allow us to represent individuals injured in slip and fall accidents in the Philadelphia area as well as throughout many South Jersey and Camden County communities such as Cherry Hill and Mt. Holly. Call today to schedule your appointment with a reputable Cherry Hill slip and fall lawyer.