The holiday season is upon us, and that means shoppers will be buying lots of toys for their friends and families. With all the excitement of the holidays, buyers may not stop to think about the dangers posed by their purchases. Consumer advocacy group World Against Toys Causing Harm, or WATCH, urges shoppers to be cautious in their shopping.
Every year WATCH releases a Top 10 list of the most dangerous toys on the market. This year, the list includes some common culprits, such as pull along toys without adequate safety precautions to prevent strangulation injuries, and some not-so-common culprits, such as “Poo-Dough,” a play-doh like substance meant to look like waste. Poo-Dough can cause allergy-related injuries, particularly if ingested.
The complete list this year includes:
- “Bud” Skipit’s Wheely Cute Pull Along – a child’s pull along toy with small parts and a cord that can causes choking injuries. Bunnies By The Bay makes this toy and it retails for $29.99.
- Foam dart gun – a very realistic looking toy gun. GD.Jiefeng Toys makes this item, and it sells for $13.99.
- Stats’ 38 inch quick-folding trampoline – children may sustain head, neck and other traumatic injuries from using this toy. It is manufactured by Toys “R” Us, Inc., and it sells for $49.99.
- Poo-Dough – this product contains wheat, as stated on its warning label, and can cause allergy-related injuries such as hives, headaches and difficulty breathing. Skyrocket Toys makes this item, and it retails for $4.99.
- Splat X Smack Shot – as its name implies, this toy can potentially cause eye injuries. Imperial Toy manufactures it and it sells for $10.
- Kick flipper – this skateboard without wheels can cause head or other bodily injuries. It is manufactured by Playsmart and retails for $19.99.
- Leonardo’s Electronic Stealth Sword – this toy can cause blunt force injuries. It is manufactured by Playmates International Company and retails for $24.99.
- Kid Connection doctor play set – children may ingest small parts included with this toy and it may also cause choking injuries. It is manufactured by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. and sells for $4.97.
- Pull Along Zebra – this toy can cause strangulation and entanglement injuries. It is manufactured by Early Learning Centre and retails for $20.99.
- Jurassic World velociraptor claws – this sharp fake-claw toy can cause eye and facial injuries. Hasbro manufactures this toy and it retails for $19.99.
Camden County Product Liability Lawyers at DiTomaso Law Fight for Victims Injured By Dangerous Toys
As you keep safety in mind while shopping this holiday season, be particularly cautious when making online purchases. Online shoppers may not be able to examine the goods up close before making a purchase. If you or someone you love has been injured by a defective product, a Camden County product liability lawyer at DiTomaso Law can help get you the maximum amount of compensation. Call us at 856-414-0010 or contact us online. We serve clients throughout the greater Philadelphia area including Center City, Philadelphia and South Jersey including Mount Holly, Burlington County, Cherry Hill and Camden County.